NRA Chief Range Safety Officer Program
March 5-6, 2022
Course Time: Saturday 8:00AM to 6:00PM
Sunday 9:00AM to 6:00PM
Course Location: Danvers F&G Club www.dfgc.club
Class size will be limited to 12 students. You must pre-register no later than February 20, 2021. No walk-ins allowed. Visit http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/rso.asp
Course Tuition: $195.00 for GOAL members and non-Massachusetts residents that are members of their respective State gun associations. $275.00 for all others. NRA requires individuals to be 21 for certification although younger people are encouraged to attend. 100% attendance is required.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officers are people who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations. This course requires the NRA Range Safety Officer certifications as a prerequisite. The successful completion of this course will allow individuals to educate, train, and certify NRA Range Safety Officers.
***This course does not encompass the functions and responsibilities of a Range Officer, who conducts NRA competitive shooting events as defined by Rule 11.5 of the NRA Rule Books.
The Range Safety Officer course which Chief Range Safety Officers instruct consists of:
· Range Safety Officer’s roles and responsibilities
· Range standard operating procedures
· Range inspection and range rules
· Firearm stoppages and malfunctions
· Range Safety Briefings which include emergency procedures
• This is an Instructor Course and is open to experienced shooters only. The NRA Chief Range Safety Officer Training Course is designed to teach experienced NRA Range Safety Officers how to teach others to supervise range safety and shooting using the NRA lesson plans and training methods. You will be asked to demonstrate your firearm knowledge and skills during pre-course assessment exercises. Participation in this course does not guarantee certification as an NRA Chief Range Safety Officer.
• Instructor Candidates must have 100% attendance!
• Advanced registration only! Seating is limited. You become registered when we receive your completed application and full tuition.
• All books and classroom materials will be provided.
• Instructor Candidates will need to bring a note pad and pencils.
• Refunds will be granted for student cancellations up to 14 days before course date. Application and full tuition must be received to complete the registration process.
• The Pre-Course Questionnaire must be completed and submitted with tuition to secure a seat. Make checks payable to “GOAL” and mail or deliver to GOAL ATTN: CRSO, 361 West Main St. Northborough, MA 01532. You can pay by credit/debit card by calling Jon Green at 508-641-0116
• NO LIVE AMMUNITION ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM