This 4-hour concealed handgun seminar is designed for individuals who are currently carrying a concealed firearm or those who are considering firearms for self-defense. This course will be taught by Attorney Lisa Steele Esq. and Jon Green. Lisa Steele is an AWARE Board Member and an appellate attorney who practices in both Massachusetts and Connecticut. She has special interest in, and expertise in, lethal force issues. She has written briefs for lawyers (“Defending the Self-Defense Case”) and articles for the public (“Owning and Carrying Non-Firearm Weapons”). Lisa organized an AWARE class on Courtroom Survival. She is co-chair of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) Forensic Evidence Committee. Jon Green is GOAL’s Director of Education and Training and Owner of Range Success. He has over 20 years as a full time curriculum author, firearms and MA gun law instructor, having trained thousands of individual from basic to advanced courses of study. Guests will have the opportunity to try on many of the newest and most popular holsters and carry systems from various manufacturers. Certificates will be awarded for full attendance. This is a non-live-fire course.
- Lawful use of deadly force and its aftermath
- Concealment methods & carry option for different environments
- Mace, pepper spray, Kubotan, and other less than lethal force tools
- Product overview: guns, holsters, ammunition, and other essentials
- Training resources and references
- Question and answer period