Join GOAL Today! - Contact GOAL
Shop the GOAL Store!
Gun Owners’ Action League Presents The
NRA Instructor Training Course
Basics of Pistol Shootings
May 7-9, 2021
Gun Owners’ Action League
361 West Main St
Northborough, MA 01532
Friday: Part 1 Basic Instructor Training 12:00PM to 6:00PM
Saturday & Sunday: Part 2 Basic Pistol Instructor Training 9:00AM to 6:00PM
· This is an Instructor Course and is open to experienced shooters only. The NRA Instructor Training Course is designed to teach experienced individuals how to teach others to shoot using the NRA lesson plans and training methods. You will be asked to demonstrate your firearm knowledge and skills during pre-course assessment exercises. Participation in this course does not guarantee certification as an NRA Instructor! Instructor Candidates must have 100% attendance! Instructor Candidates must have successfully passed an Instructor Led Training (ILT) for the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course and produce a certificate of completion. Current NRA Instructors may not need to attend Friday’s session. See NRA BIT for current policy.
· Instructor Candidates must possess a .22 caliber revolver and .22 caliber semi-automatic pistol. You will need these items for Sunday’s range session. Loaners are available.
· Advanced registration only! Seating is limited. You become registered when we receive your completed application, tuition and proof of having completed an NRA Basic Pistol Course.
· All classroom materials will be provided. NRA certification & processing fees are the responsibility of the student. Candidates will receive via email the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Instructor Led Training and the Blended ILT Lesson Plans. Candidates will download, print and bring to class.
· Instructor Candidates will need to bring a note pad and pencils.
· On Sunday, Instructor Candidates will need to bring eye and ear protection, 150 factory made cartridges and a handgun of any caliber for the range practical exercises and live fire test.
· Refunds minus a $45 processing fee will be granted upon receipt of the returned student packet for cancellations up to 14 days before course date.
· $225.00 course fee for GOAL Members and non-Massachusetts residents that our members of their State Associations. $275.00 course fee for all others. Make checks payable to GOAL and mail to Jon Green GOAL 361 West Main St. Northborough, MA 01532. Debit and credit card payments can be made by contacting Jon Green 508-641-0116. Limited seating only.
· NO LIVE AMMUNITION ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM