Frequently Asked Questions
| License to Carry - Firearm Ownership Questions
- How do I get a firearms license in Massachusetts? Everything you need to know to apply for your License to Carry
should I write a letter to my Chief for an LTC application? What you want to say, and don't!
- What should I do if I am denied my FID/LTC? Know your rights!
of Reasons for Denial of an FID Card or LTC The most common disqualifications
Sales and Purchases by Massachusetts Residents What can I purchase, legally own, etc...??
is the Large Capacity Weapons Roster?
- MA Approved Roster - 501 CMR Info
- What do I do if my firearms are confiscated by the police? Read this page and protect your property!
- How do I go about replacing a lost or stolen FID/LTC card? Thanks to GOAL, there is no charge to replace your card!
and Transportation Requirements What you need to know before you hit the road!
should I do if I've moved?/Change of address form Moving within MA? Do this or lose your license!
- Information about inheriting firearms Does an inherited gun have to be on the "roster"?? NO!
- Traveling to or from MA with a firearm? FOPA protects you from state to state, and some states require no license, you still need to protect yourself, check this page before you leave
- Which states will honor my MA License? Some will, MA honors no other state's license!
- Where can I find out more about training? Lots of great courses!
Hunting This Year?
Reference Chart for Some Massachusetts Gun Laws
- New Resident
Info If you are a gun owner and are moving to, or have moved to MA, read this page!
- Does Massachusetts have a "Castle Doctrine" Law? Info about it here.
| Legislation Questions
*This page is made possible by the membership of GOAL and their generous donations. If you found this page helpful please Join - Support - Donate to GOAL.
Help us make Massachusetts a safer place.