MA License Info
What you need to know before you apply for an LTC or FID card.
GOAL strongly recommends that all Massachusetts citizens apply for an LTC A license "for all lawful purposes". This license allows law abiding citizens to own or possess the largest selection of handguns, rifles, and shotguns available in state, it also enables the bearer to carry a handgun (concealed) on their person anywhere permissable by law. If you are not a prohibited person this is the license that you should be issued. Accept nothing less.
See below for more info on the different licenses, how to apply, prohibited persons, and more.
- Applying for an FID Card Standards, where to apply, how long will it take, etc....
- Applying for an LTC Standards, where to apply, how long will it take, etc...
- Applying for a Non-Resident License to Carry Firearms What you need to know if you live out of state
- New Resident Information. What you need to do after you move here
- License disqualification information. Reasons your license may be denied!
- Click here to view a flow chart of how your LTC/FID is processed.
What you need to obtain a license
- MA. FID/LTC/Class 3 Application This is the application for the license required to obtain a firearm in MA.
- MA. FID/LTC Course @ GOAL This is the course required before you can apply for the license.
- Letter to your licensing officer. What and how to write to obtain your license
- MA Out of State License Application/Instructions For Non Residents that would like to carry/own a firearm in state
- Current MA. Licensing Structure What the different licenses apply to
- Chart of what can be possessed by type of license What you can possess and own with each license
- Overview of MA FID/LTC Licenses
- Check the status of your LTC/FID Application
- Retrieve your LTC PIN #
Other License Info. Denials, Moving, etc..
- Moving within the state? Here's the form and what you need to know
- What should I do if I am denied my MA LTC or FID?
- What should I do if my LTC or FID card is lost or stolen?
- What should I do if my firearms are confiscated by the police?
- Which States will honor my MA. License?
- MA. Hunting License Link to information about obtaining a MA. Hunting License.
- MA. F.L.R.B. Application Denied your permit? This is the form to go to a review!
- GOAL LTC/FID Renewal Survey - Help us reform the system by providing evidence of abuse.
- N.F.A. (S.B.R.) A.T.F. Appication.
- Federal Firearms License Info - Types
- Curio & Relic Collectors Information - License Application
- State by state gun law page - this page by the NRA is a great resource
*This page is made possible by the membership of GOAL and their generous donations. If you found this page helpful please Join - Support - Donate to GOAL.